Advice Hotline 1800 113 112
Essential Tips for Choosing the Right Exterminators
No matter what pest infestation you are suffering from, hiring an pest exterminator is essential to control the situation. Though you may find it cheaper to try getting rid of the pests on your own, exterminators are not only trained professionals, but also know which pesticides to use to eliminate the pests. However with so many pest control companies to choose from, here are some tips for choosing the best and right company to eliminate your infestation.
1. Don’t hire the first exterminator you find. Collect bids from at least three professionals to not only compare them, but also for a better understanding of the available options for solving your pest control problem.
2. Before the pest exterminator comes to your house, list out all details so that they can make a better assessment to provide an accurate bid. Examples of details to list out are the number of rooms to be treated and the rooms’ points of entry.
3. In case you hire exterminators who handle various pest problems, find out their level of experience in handling each pest. This is essential as pests like roaches and ants are treated differently from wasps and bees.
4. Similarly, get references from past customers as it proves the exterminator’s efficiency and professionalism in treating specific pest issues.
5. It is important that the pest control company that you choose has liability insurance. This insurance provides coverage for any damages to your home or injuries to the technician while they treat your pest problem. Most companies do have insurance; but for your safety, it’s always better to check and confirm.
6. Similarly, the exterminator you hire should be licensed. So check their licensing information through the local regulatory agency, department of agriculture or the Better Business Bureau.
7. Once you choose the right exterminator, make sure you get the plan of action in writing. The plan should include a description of how the exterminators plan to treat the issue, their rates, information about the chemicals and products they plan to use and its’ potential risks.
Last, but not least, most pest control companies provide a guarantee. This guarantee ensures that the pest exterminators will come back and re-treat the area for free, if required. As different companies offer different contracts and guarantees with different coverage and length of coverage, go through them to find out which company provides the best service for your money. Though these guarantees may be expensive, they prove worthwhile in the long run.
The author is a professional terminator who knows how to take care of, treat, control and prevent any pest infestation. Call to our team now for effective extermination of pests and live happily in a pest-free home.
Advice Hotline 1800 113 112